Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wreck this Journal, Week 2, Part 2



Though we often draw while waiting in restaurants, doctor's offices, etc., we have recently started a new routine: one of us starts a drawing with some squiggles, then passes it to the next person, who adds something and passes it on. We go around and around making the picture until we all decide it's done. Here are two we did at dinner last night.






After the girls finished eating their tiny kid burgers, they were still hungry. So while they were waiting for the second round, they wanted to draw. Since I was still eating, I didn't want to get out the sketchbook and my fancy pens, because I didn't want them to get wrecked!!! Of course you know what idea came to me then! I pulled out my Wreck This Journal, and looked through for the right page. I was trying to find the "draw an ugly picture" page, but when I came upon the ink blot page, I handed the book to the girls and told them they could Draw. In. The. Book. With ketchup! Then, we would close the book to make a print. They were delighted to help wreck.


I love that the mom and her daughter at the other table are watching!


The girls got into the finger painting aspect of it,
so the print is a bit faint, but still, some beautiful wrecking!





They really want me to get them there own books to wreck. I'll have to see if I can find two more copies in town. It seems like the perfect summer fun.

5 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

I think this journal is meant to bring out the kid in us, i.e. the free spirit. I'm still a little cautious, can't bring myself to throw it out of a moving vehicle yet. Yet. Maybe this week!

l said...

ketchup is great for painting!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Awesome! I love that you captured the slightly horrified look on the woman's face :)

Jamie Ridler said...

Lol! Ketchup painting - a new specialty! The girls look rapt!

Beverley Baird said...

What a wonderful way to keep your little ones occupied!