Thursday, April 14, 2011

More Drawings About Buildings

View out a New York Window
ink and watercolor pencil


Crackerbarrel Alley, Northampton
watercolor pencil


Shelburne Falls
watercolor pencil

I have become addicted to the Urban Sketchers blog. Inspired by the art I see there, I pitched an idea at the elementary school to teach an Urban Sketchers class to third through fifth graders for the Spring term. I am so happy they approved it! And that some kids signed up! I have been scouting local locations -- to which the students and I will walk each week to sketch. I have also been looking at some of my sketches of buildings and city scenes from my sketchbooks. 

In addition to the Urban Sketchers class, I will be teaching a Drawing from Life class to third through fifth graders, and an Intro to Making Comics class to kindergarten through second graders.

Happy Art! Happy Spring!







Peace.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Otis is pretty stoked about the comics class, Ina. Last night I suggested that he get out some comic books that he loves and copy some pictures for fun. He got really into (Legends of the Mouse guard--brilliantly illustrated). First thing this morning, he made a beeline to his sketch book and was working away. Made me proud and happy!

ina said...

This makes me very happy, Hayley. I'm looking forward to a great class.

batguano said...

Nice job Ina. And you have fed my Talking Heads earworm. :-\ ;-)

Libby Spencer said...

Great sketches and what a great idea to have a class for the kids. You so rock Ina.