Friday, November 27, 2009

Pie and Cake

Thanksgiving Pie

A little apple.
Maybe a cup of blueberries.
Maybe a half cup cranberries.
Juice of a meyer lemon, plus zest.
Fresh grated ginger. A little honey. Some cinnamon.
And a splash of some weird maple whiskey and some fancy pear brandy.

Butter/flour/water crust with a bit of bacon grease, too.

Most of the fruit went into the pie

And there was enough leftover for cake today

I made it very similarly to this cake, except instead of cornmeal and pecans, I used the fruit. Instead of flour, almond meal, and oats, I used one cup corn flour and one cup coconut flour. I used a yogurt, apple cider, milk blend for the liquid (and it needed much more than one cup). I did not put any spices in the batter this time, because there was a lot of spice in the fruit.

I also made pumpkin bread with chopped dark chocolate bars today

angel love baker



smoke said...



m. heart said...


xan said...

still trying to wrap head around the words "coconut flour", which I do not think I have ever seen in conjunction with each other before.

you clearly have access to much better grocery emporia than I do. And much better culinary imagination as well. It's not fair, you artists get all the fun.


smoke said...

where you is?