Monday, December 5, 2011

The Parlor

We have a small house.

It seems I am constantly moving furniture from room to room to make it fit our house and our lives. Along with changing each room's purpose, I change its name.

Until recently, this front room has been my art studio, which really means it has been a nearly-impenetrable mess of all my art and teaching supplies.

As our family is leaving our life of hermitage to attempt to be more social, I realize I need this biggest room in the house for hosting gatherings. Its transformation is now almost complete. I hope to begin hosting weekly music parties in the new year, so I needed a room where more than three people can sit comfortably.

Welcome to the parlor.

P.S. This is my 500th post. Cheers!



Libby Spencer said...

Lovely welcoming space for jamming. Brilliant to have extra instruments. I always kept a bunch myself, even though I can't play a note on anything. Made for some great impromptu late night jams.

Marian said...

congrats on 500 and INVITE ME OVER TO YOUR PARLOR.

ina said...

Thanks Libby and Marian.

Marian, I am almost ready to be able to say, "Stop by anytime." And I will definitely invite you over soon.

Libby, I hope you make it up this way in the new year.

mybloomnart said...

What an inviting and creative room! Loving the photo! Thanks for sharing.