Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thinking of Hearts






I was lucky enough to have had a wonderful cross country journey this past summer with my two daughters, I still want more.

Facing mornings here with struggles to get sleepy girls to school, and afternoon games of the fox, the chicken, and the grain figuring out how to get the girls where they need to be while I'm teaching after school art classes, the call of the open road is too loud to ignore. 

We all try to figure out our paths. My path is unclear to me now because so much of my life is filled with the dailiness of living: the key doesn't turn in the ignition (I didn't mean this as a metaphor, but it certainly works as one!); the 11yo broke her glasses, and her spare pair (another metaphor!); the 8yo suddenly hates school; teaching art doesn't earn me enough money to support my family; and on and on into the night.

I am thinking a lot about the methods we all use to make choices. 
Unbound confine. 
And really, it all makes a life.









Peace.

No comments: