Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Muttis




My brother made three great videos for my dad's birthday today. Of course, this one is my favorite 'cause I'm in it(!), as are both my grandmas, my mom, my dad, my sister, and my daughter from when she was five months old (she'll be ten years old this summer). We both look older now than we did then!

The video opens with my dad and my sister watching my paternal grandma open birthday presents in Florida. Then, there's a beautiful sunlit scene of my dad and mom with my baby daughter. Then, it's scenes of us celebrating my mom's birthday in California, including shots of my maternal grandma. Then, back to Florida for close-ups of birthday flowers and the all-important magarita salt. Cheers.

I have been known to bark about people videoing their lives too much. I have been at more than one birthday party where they roll out the cake, everyone sings, but when they realize they didn't get a good tape of it, they do it over again. When I see something like this, though, I'm so glad someone was taping. Thanks, James!

Happy Birthday, Dad. I would never call myself daddy's little girl, in fact, we fought a lot when I was growing up. Yet through it all, you were always there for me. I love you, Poppy. A la famiglia!






Peace.

No comments: