Friday, February 6, 2009

Gratitude

Most weeks there is a night where the girls and I get to go to their godparents for supper. I am grateful for the delicious meal Jim prepares, but even more, I am grateful that these wonderful people are in our lives. When I was making the decision to be a single parent, I thought a lot about whether I would be able to handle all the challenges of parenting on my own. I didn't think about the fact that there wouldn't be anyone with whom to share the joys. These loving godparents are a gift to our family. I am grateful.












Peace.

2 comments:

Rowena said...

That looks like a lot of happiness. What's a family, anyway? These are the people we choose.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your words were taken to heart. :)

Libby Spencer said...

WOW. Jim is godparent to your kids. They are indeed blessed. Great photos.