Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bleary and Weary

I have been going a bit crazy with this Parallel Universe Album meme from Facebook.

Can I count it as actual art?


After looking at hundreds of photographs on Flickr over this weekend, I have spent today fussing with my other new addiction, SUMO Paint online image editor.

I used it first to make an album cover, which I thought turned out great.

Then, because it had been bothering me that my blog banner image wasn't centered within the Blogger border and that the border didn't fit exactly, I tried to make a new banner for the blog. I don't really know what I'm doing at SUMO, and therefore can't make use of its many tools. I just keep going over and over and over the same ground. I'm not completely happy with how it turned out today, but for my sanity and my eyes, I have to stop now!

Peeking in the door of digital photography and photoshopping, I see there is so much great work out there already.




It is as inspiring as it is humbling.





Update: I tried again and I'm much happier with the banner now (though I wish I could shrink it just a bit).





Peace.

No comments: