Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vole Hunter, Part II

After yesterday's photo shoot, I realized that I needed to get rid of the vole. Today, an opportunity presented itself as I was reading in the Hollywood room. I heard a splash come from the kitchen. When I went to investigate, I found the critter struggling to get out of the slippery sink. I stood there for a while watching, and then it dawned on me.







Grab the camera!









After taking a few pictures (I know you're thinking, "Do the dishes, Ina! Gross!" but), I was thinking about the possibility of the vole drowning. I knew that was not the best option. So...






Rescue!


Yes, I caught it in a jar.

Now what?




How about a trip to the woods?




Perhaps a new home in the magic house (used for storage at the wildlife sanctuary).






A happy ending?







Peace.

5 comments:

Jeffraham Prestonian said...

Kitteh cheesecake!

:lol:
.

VforVirginia said...

Cooooooool!

charley said...

very nicely done.

Libby Spencer said...

It looks a very good home for the little critter. He'll be very happy there.

m. heart said...

vole in a jar...it's too cute! poor little thing, i hope he'll be ok.