Monday, November 3, 2008

monday's soul

Melancholy~Lucas Cranach


A click trail that started at Hecate's has led me to lurk here, visiting the blogs in the blogroll. Usually I run from these sorts of things, things like soul coaching, but I'm finding myself drawn in. My soul is hungry.

Will this feed it?

in a soul


feeling like i need a separate place for these thoughts.
let's see what happens.


I need to be here. I found this place through a kindness meme. I joined at my friend Hecate's blog. A series of clicks brought me to Mrs. B.'s during her Halloween give away. I won a beautiful birthday gift from Sacred Suzie. Visiting her blog, I was drawn by the Soul Coaching icon to come here. I have been reading this blog and everyone's links since the beginning. Finally, last Friday, I started looking in my town for the book. I couldn't find it, ordered it, and it will be here Wednesday. Although I am days behind you in the book, I have been doing the work, as I understand it, along with you.

I have found inspiration in the work that you are doing and I wanted to introduce myself. I am a single mom who moved into my house with my six month old daughter seven and a half years ago. She is now eight. I had another daughter six years ago this coming Thursday. I had been running a home daycare until this past summer. Now, with both girls in elementary school this year, I am burning through my savings on sabbatical, in hopes that I can organize my house and studio, get rid of the clutter, and figure out my next career step.

I have work to do.
Thank you for sharing your stories.

10 comments

Blogger Dia said...

Welcome, Ina!
I also came thru a circling path - my interest in SoulCollage drew me here. You might want to share the water blessing I've posted with your daughter, I'm going to put geranium essential oil in the blessing water, & perhaps a flower essence or two.
Blessings

November 10, 2008 10:32 AM

Delete
Blogger Jamie said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Clearly you were meant to be here. And how wonderful to know that you've been with us all along on the journey.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

November 10, 2008 10:46 AM

Delete
Blogger Kavindra said...

Welcome to the circle. You already know what a fine bunch of women you are going, so I'll just say I'm so happy you are adding your own fine self to the pot.

Congratulations on winning something from Suzie - I bet it was either exquisite or alot of fun.

November 10, 2008 10:52 AM

Delete
Blogger Danette said...

You have done something I require bravery to do- walk in and say hello to a party in full swing.

Welcome! You are indeed meant to be here.

Looking forward to sharing with you.

November 10, 2008 12:37 PM

Delete
Blogger Serena said...

welcome, ina! it is so wonderful to have you join our circle. i found my way to the 'soul coaching' group only two days before it started and it was a mad rush to go and buy the book and prepare.....but, like you, i felt drawn.

you are where you need to be right now.

love, light and peace,
serena

November 10, 2008 12:49 PM

Delete
Blogger creativehealinggoddess said...

Welcome Dia,

To this wonderful supportive circle its an amazing journey.

November 10, 2008 2:10 PM

Delete
Blogger Genie Sea said...

Welcome to our cozy group! It's so great to have you with us, and what a journey to get here! Are you thirsty? Would you like some water? :)

November 10, 2008 3:19 PM

Delete
Blogger Caroline said...

Welcome to the party :) This is such a wonderful and amazing journey we are on collectively and individually. I look forward to reading your experiences.

November 10, 2008 5:09 PM

Delete
Blogger Sandra said...

Welcome :)

November 10, 2008 8:36 PM

Delete
OpenID meandmom said...

Welcome Ina! I'm a single mom as well that recently went through a career change. This has been a wonderful process so far don't you think! Glad you are here!

November 11, 2008 10:58 AM

Delete


water dance



Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly. I value this community.

The girls are home from school today for the holiday. We'll all be swimming in close quarters here. I will be present -- which means limiting my computer time!

potential zappers today:

-stepping into their conflicts, thinking i can help
-worrying about a love balance sheet
-over-explaining

potential juicers today:

-getting on the floor with them to help build their construction paper city
-laughing ourselves silly
-listening



peace.

8 comments


todayandeveryday said...

Laughing! that is my favorite--do lots of that one!
Peace~
Dawn

November 11, 2008 1:54 PM

Delete
Blogger Genie Sea said...

So true, sometimes the best thing we can do for children is let them resolve their own conflicts. We can't fix everything, and that way they learn a valuable skill! :)

November 11, 2008 3:45 PM

Delete
Blogger Jamie said...

What a beautiful photo. I hope your day is full of juice!

November 11, 2008 4:16 PM

Delete
Blogger Gemma said...

Hope you had a juicy day!

November 11, 2008 5:19 PM

Delete
Blogger Allison said...

Laughing yourself silly is a GREAT one.

November 11, 2008 5:23 PM

Delete
Blogger Caroline said...

My kids were home too...but it was better than expected. A big zapper for me is stepping into their conflicts, thinking i can help! Ugh! I am always working on this...

November 11, 2008 11:06 PM

Delete
Blogger Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

Thank you for the parenting book suggestion. I agree that worrying can be big energy zappers. Sometimes trusting for things to work out is challenging. The construction paper city sounds fun!

November 12, 2008 6:04 AM

Delete
Blogger Sacred Suzie said...

The water dance is so beautiful! Sound like you know where your challenges are which is half the battle.

Thank you for your kind words about my home. I'm glad it is coming across very homey!

Good luck with the changes to your home and making it your dream come true space.

November 12, 2008 8:55 AM


2 comments:

charley said...

i think madonna wrote a song about this...

ina drawin' said...

funny, i'm drawn to her, too. even though i own none of her records and couldn't name three songs of hers, i have been known, in years past, to buy a magazine if she's on the cover!