Monday, November 3, 2008

let the mystery be



An Iris Dement song for Obama's Grandma.

Peace.


deep thought


Taking a break from organizing the office this morning, I jumped online and decided to organize my bookmarks! This Lunaea Weatherstone tarot card clicked open when I was moving it. I guess it really wanted me to get this message today!

Leadership
6 of Fire

Here we see a queen at a gathering of other people of varying degrees of rank and royalty. Everyone is smiling, happy with each other, happy with the queen, happy with their own places in the world, and not begrudging the others their nobility. No one blames the queen for being queen, nor does she feel guilty about it. She just IS.

Take your rightful place as a leader now. Let your light shine, and your natural powers come forth.



And from Denise:

"Today, be aware of the way that you relate to the world around you, and notice if there are any recurring emotional patterns."

My 8yo daughter and I are stuck in a dance. I am not always aware of what my part is, so I haven't been able to see the ways I can change. Perhaps the tarot card is trying to tell me to take back some power, to be a leader in the relationship. Or perhaps I am unintentionally leading her in a direction that I don't want her to go! I have found that using some of the language I'm learning from Soul Coaching when I talk with her has been empowering and calming. I am open to new ways of being with her.



Peace.

4 comments

Blogger Genie Sea said...

"No one blames the queen for being queen, nor does she feel guilty about it. She just IS."
How absolutely right and insightful!

Just being. That is a lesson we can gain from young ones. Indeed! :)

November 12, 2008 3:23 PM


Blogger Leila Anasazi said...

Whoa. Your post just made something enormously important click in me, re: how I relate to other people.

"No one blames the queen for being queen, nor does she feel guilty about it. She just IS."

But, I feel like I have to be LESS than myself for other people to accept me (you know, the kid in school with straight-As berated for being "teacher's pet").

Ah. I think I will go put on the tiara my best friend gave me awhile ago.

November 12, 2008 4:18 PM

Delete
Blogger Kavindra said...

I like that you take responsibility for being "in a dance" with your child. Alot of parents just bully their way through - "I'm right no matter what." What a great mothering skill it is to be able to question yourself, and treat your daughter with such respect and dignity. You'll figure it out, with that kind of attitude!

And I really love that tarot card. Listen to it, that's a great message.

November 12, 2008 4:48 PM

Delete
Blogger Jamie said...

"I am open to new ways of being with her" sounds like a powerful affirmation.

What a beautiful picture of her. May you find your way of dancing beautifully together.

November 13, 2008 1:59 PM

Delete


what else is okay

A family dance.
* Iris * Ina * Stella *

Adventure.

Joy.

Spirit.

Imagination.


Today is my daughter's 6th birthday. There will be a lot of excitement and activity. In the middle of that, there will be stillness. The stillness that I am visualizing is an openess. I am reminded of the day of her birth 6 years ago. There was a lot of excitement and activity. Then, the midwife said, "I see your daughter peeking out. Why don't you reach down and catch her." I did! And in that moment, from knowing she was here to actually holding her, is the stillness.

Happy Birthday, Iris.


Peace.

P.S. The book came today. I will begin reading tonight. It's all okay.

5 comments

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy birthday Iris! :)

November 13, 2008 10:57 AM

Delete
Blogger Serena said...

Happy Birthday, Iris!

I like your experience with stillness, Ina....I hope you enjoyed the stillness today also.

love, light and peace,
serena

November 13, 2008 12:00 PM

Delete
Blogger Caroline said...

Wonderful! I love the photo of adventure! Enjoy your stillness amongst the festivities!

November 13, 2008 2:39 PM

Delete
Blogger Jamie said...

It's all okay.

When I saw that first picture, it brought tears to my eyes. It's so beautiful you have those shared moments. What a blessing.

Happy Birthday, Iris! May you always know you are deeply loved.

November 13, 2008 2:59 PM

Delete
Blogger Genie Sea said...

Happy birthday Iris! Many blessings! :)

I love your pictures. They are so full of life and love! :)

November 13, 2008 4:18 PM

Delete

No comments: