Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Code Pink

Did Code Pink harsh the Netroots buzz?
I wasn't in Austin.
I don't read Daily Kos.
Ever.
I jumped on this blog-bandwagon too late to dance to the Orange. And even though pink is not my favorite color, Code Pink swings.

I'm not sure why this so-called Netroots Nation would invite Nancy Pelosi to their conference and then neglect to use that forum to address her failure of leadership.

I am naive, I know. Politicians aren't allowed to speak the truth. Bloggers, on the other hand, are. It seems to me that the Code Pinkers, by shouting for impeachment, were giving the bloggers the opening they needed to be tough on Pelosi, while still appearing to be civil by contrast. Even if the netters had thrown Pelosi down instead of throwing Code Pink out, impeachment would still be off the table. But Nancy would've left Austin knowing that we won't support her if she doesn't represent us.

Would I feel the same way if I had been there? There's no way to know, but the question that I'm really asking is when does the line blur? Many of the folks who were in Austin speak out to the ether about their frustration with Pelosi. Those of us who weren't there can only wonder where their fierceness went. How good were those margaritas?

2 comments:

dave™© said...

It had nothing to do with margaritas.

It's all about the cocktail wienies...

Sinfonian said...

Welcome to the jungle.

And to my blogroll. :)